Sponsorship Mastery Summit Host Site Toolkit
Thank you for being an important part of Sponsorship Mastery Summit! The Host Site Toolkit includes everything you’ll need to make your on-site Sponsorship Mastery Summit the ultimate event. SMS Host Sites are our front-line ambassadors bringing people together to connect, engage, and experience SMS.
Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions or need additional assistance. We are here for you!
☑️ Connect with SMS Staff ASAP so we can make sure your site is compatible to host. Not sure if you are? Check out the Site Requirements below. Upon confirmation, you’ll receive an email from us with more hosting details and follow up.
☑️ Mark Your Calendar We have some key dates for host sites so we make sure we are rock solid for you to welcome attendees to your location.
☑️ Share the Summit and Get Connected As soon as you’re locked in as a Host City, we’ll announce your participation, connect you with registered attendees in your area, and make sure you have all the tools to spread the word to your regional network.
☑️ Take Advantage of Host Perks As a thank you for hosting, we’ve got a few special benefits for you. Find out more below.
☑️ Get Ready to Lead We can’t wait for you to lead your group of sponsorship leaders through the summit. It’s your time to shine, and we’ll help you prepare!
While we appreciate the energy and connection live events brings to us all, we know that isn’t entirely possible at the moment. However, we’re doing everything in our power to keep our event as fun and engaging as possible – even at our hosted sites. Below are some of the necessary and recommended facility needs:
- Space & Capacity
- Ability to reserve a room for two full days
- Ample room to adhere to gathering and distance recommendations
- Ability to host guests in your space during session hours – this is a national event, so check the event times and how those align in your time zone
- Every city will have different gathering and capacity guidelines, so please confirm your city and state government recommended guidelines prior to the event. Here are a few sources: general gathering recommendations CDC, state by state restrictions AARP and WSJ.
- We’re doing our part to keep everyone health and safe and so should you. Here are some recommendations on how to prepare your space for your small gathering: hosting gatherings and meetings safely: CDC, Cvent, WHO, PCMA, MeetSAFE
- IT staff that can help set up projector, laptop, sound, and camera for a shared viewing experience for main session presentations
- Accessible WiFi for attendees to log on with their own computers
- White board or large notepads for facilitated breakout activities
Aug. 1 – Sept. 11. Host sites promote their events
Sept. 14. Confirm attendee count for your location and information sent
Sept. 18. Recommended technology testing deadline
Sept. 21. “Know Before You Go” communications are sent to attendees
Sept. 22. Technology cross-check with SMS team
Sept. 23 & 24. Sponsorship Mastery Summit
Promoting Your SMS Event
We encourage all hosts to start sharing with your networks as soon as possible so we can make sure we can confirm you have enough attendees to host an event at your location. Here are some tips for spreading the word:
- Use the SMS toolkit!! Your go-to source for SMS media tools can be found here
- Connect with your local and regional task forces, associations, chapters, networks on social media or via email
- Sign up as a SMS subscriber so you can easily forward emails with exciting updates to your network at www.sponsorshipmastery.com/blog
Thank you for being a special contributor to make this event even more amazing! As an added bonus to your summit experience, you’ll receive the following:
- FREE registration for attendees from the host site
- Food and beverage accommodations for your attendees (5 attendees $150 / 10 attendees $300 / 15-20 attendees $400)
- All attendees receive free admission to attend the “No Holds Barred Happy Hour”
- Featuring your property or event as a Host Site on SMS website and on social channels. Be sure to send us your high res logo for use!
As the host, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to facilitate conversations and exchanges between some of the best and brightest sponsorship professionals in your region. Facilitator information will be sent the week prior to the event. Facilitating throughout the summit includes:
- Leading breakout session discussions, activities and assignments
- Prepping attendees for your “Virtual Spotlight” moment, where we’ll showcase your attendee group to the entire summit audience!
- Hosting attendees during breaks and lunches